Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My5Things


M, your picnic sounds like the cutest little thing! I love celebrating the small things too. If you guys need date ideas, check out thedatingdivas.com they have some really cute ideas for dates or just little things to make your husband happy! Some of them are pretty cheesy but you can put your own spin on them and they are really fun!

Ok here are my 5 things!

1. I secretly like not having a job and getting to do anything I want all day long. You'd be surprised at how busy I feel even when I'm not doing much...an oil change can turn into an all day event haha. I love getting to sleep in. Oh yeah, it's nice having a housekeeper too :) Except sometimes I would just rather do things myself, the way I like to have them done.

2. Some of you know about my miscarriage in Feb (now you all know, but please keep it just between us) and while it is still sad sometimes, I also secretly love the time Eric and I get to spend together without having any other cares or worries! I feel like we are on a 4 month vacation and get to do so many fun things with just the two of us. So maybe it really was a blessing in disguise!

3. I secretly like eating out a couple times a week. I used to never eat out but Eric gets paid an amount each day to cover food costs while he's at this course and it's way more than enough for one person...so sometimes I get to reap the benefits and not cook for one night. I still LOVE cooking, but it is fun to go out to eat with your husband every now and then just "because" and not for a special occasion. So I guess that means I secretly love the Army.

4. I am getting things ready for our move in June to Fort Eustis! (Which is right by the beach so im SO excited!!!) Housing applications are a pain, let me tell you. The Army is so confusing sometimes! There are certain ways you have to go about doing things but nobody ever tells you how to do them. So I guess that means I also secretly hate the Army.

5. I can't WAIT to have a house of our own! (I guess the Army will technically own it, but you get the idea.) I've been thinking of cute ways to decorate and can't wait to be able to do crafts again and furniture shop and things like that! Pinterest is my new best friend.

AND I get to go to NYC this weekend! I'm meeting my friend Alex in DC on Thursday, then Friday we'll take a bus to NYC to stay with our friend Kirstin until Sunday. I'm so excited! Any thoughts on what we should do while I'm there?

Ok so I guess that was more than 5 things but I was just so excited to talk to you guys since I haven't in forever! Sorry, I'll try to do better :) I just feel like our lives arent that exciting here haha but I guess we all feel like that sometimes. Anyways, you all better do this 5 things post cause I want to read them!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment